Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti and an Appology.

I'm SorrySo, my last post was kind of picking fun at all the earthquakes that have been occuring lately, but I feel like I need to appologize for bringing Haiti into the mix.
Estimates from the island country are saying that the DEATH TOLL is most likely going to be in the 100,000 + range. EarthquakeYeah...more than one hundred THOUSAND people. Gone. From one single event. It's almost too much to wrap my brain around. I know I don't have to ability to go down there and help, and I don't have the money to help either, but I can post on here a tribute to everyone who has lost someone or has died in this terrible event. Know that you and your families and loved ones are in prayers being spoken around the world.Prayer You will not be forgotten and to those surviving, help is coming as quickly as it can so hold on.
In all honesty, it really scares me that so many terrible events have already happened this year. It is making me begin to really think about whether those crazy Mayans and philosophers of the past were...well, right. Maybe this is the beginning of the end...God, I hope not. I'm not ready yet. I'm not done fighting to live. Not by a long shot. And I know that I'm not alone in saying that. Not by a long shot. That's the thing about us stubbornly idiotic humans, we will do whatever it takes to survive...at the end of the day, we all want to live. We're survivors because our ancestors were surviviors, had to be. Deep down in all of us is the will to stay alive and see another day. Let's just hope we don't all have to use that will soon.
*Dedicated to all those lost in Haiti, those currently struggling to survive there, and all those lost and surviving in the aftermath of the earthquakes in Afghanastan, Samalia, and California*
Candle

No comments:

Post a Comment