Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Deck the Halls with the Mart of Wall....


So in one of my last Political Science classes, we devoted a whole hour to the wonders of Walmart and how it's effected the local economies where one has been placed. Truthfully, I love walmart's prices, but not the ridiculous lines at the cash registers at my Walmart. I do have to admit that Walmart has by itself pretty much devastated local economies. Mom-and-Pop shops cannot compete with Walmart and it's brand name low-priced goods. People would much rather go to one place and get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING than go from one locally owned place to another. I think that this is a sad turn of events in the 21st century. Perhaps Americans will get lucky and Walmart will go bankrupt and we'll be forced to go back to the good ol days when the locally owned mom-and-pop shops were "in". Wishful thinking, I know.
In the mean time, please feel free to enjoy the image at right...it's true you know. Most Americans' souls are made of money...and Walmart wants your money. What Walmart wants, Walmart gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment