Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The End of One Stress and Beginning of Another...



So as yet another semester grinds to a close, and the stress of Finals begins to fade, I find myself relieved that the classes are over.School's Out But then I realize I must now go on to the task of finding my textbooks for next semester...and there's the stress once again. It seems like the only place around that carries cheap textbooks never has the books I need for my classes, what irony. So I'm left to either going onto Barnes & Noble.com and hopefully finding them there, or giving in completely and selling my soul to the campus bookstore. How uncool of the makers of these texts to charge already poor college kids and their families so unbelievably much for textbooks that will only be in use by the student for 4-6 months. I'm looking at roughly $600 for only 5 classes. See, my theory on the way they get you is by making professors use the newest textbooks possible so that they can charge you full price for a brand-spanking-new book that you have no choice but to purchase. I buy as many Used books as I can but still, the bill at the end of the day of buying books burns me like a stove eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment